Monday, June 6, 2011

Scandinavian Festival and grumpy kids.

We went to the Scandinavian Festival together on May 27th, which is a weekend celebration of Ephraim's heritage. There were craft booths, storytelling and settler demonstrations. We ended up getting two new pet froggys for the kids (yes begging and begging can sometimes wear a parent down). Brigham named his "Kitchjo", he said that he didn't want to give his a name that belonged to something else. Yep, I think he did that. He keeps on correcting me and Matt if we mispronounce it too! Sarah's was named "Princess" with her approval.

The kids hated the storytelling so I missed out on that, it seemed like something they could have enjoyed if they would just give it a chance. The food at the festival was pretty good, I mean it's fair food so it's a given that fried stuff is great, but looking back I seriously got a better deal at Disneyworld for the same price....ouch!

The highlight of the day was the little settler village and demonstrations. There was a guy with a beehive display that had the kids mesmerized. I took a walk with Brigham on Snow College campus (where the festival is held) and it was fun to revisit where I went to school. Too bad both of the kids were overdue for some major naps when I finally broke out the camera. I didn't catch any of the festival itself, just some attitude.

Doesn't this picture say it all?


Oh wait, Sarah has something to add to that...


That look is just a preview of what could come. Did you know 5 yr olds can throw really big tantrums?

1 comments:

going gordon said...

We missed the festival this year for the first time in I don't know how many years. I am sad, my husband, not so much. I always love it.