Thursday, June 9, 2011

The flight to Florida: Matt, Brigham and Pa.

Each year my parents plan a big trip which my family, grandma and my siblings and their family go on. This year we went to Florida to meet up with my aunt and her family to go to Disney World. Traveling in a pack with young kids is pretty crazy and you get looks...

This year we split up- Matt, Brigham, and Pa caught a red-eye flight at 1 am to Florida. Matt and Pa thought it was a better idea to leave at that time rather than wait and get up at 5am to catch a Sunday morning flight like the rest of our group did. They could get some extra time in Florida that way, though they were going to be tired.

Apparently I missed all the fun on the red-eye because the pilots let Brigham go in the cockpit and he got the VIP treatment from them. Then as Matt was walking through first class to get to the seats, he couldn't help but recognize the faces of the two American Idol finalists- Scotty and Lauren. Matt shook their hands and said hi and congrats to them! Sorry no pictures, you'll just have to believe me! Matt said Brigham slept the whole ride and so did he and Pa pretty well, but they had to do a lay-over so they were interrupted and had to pick up where they left off on the next flight. Maybe I won't write off the red eye so quickly next time, having the kids treated like they are super special, not having to entertain a sleeping kid and getting to have a brush with fame doesn't sound too bad.

When the guys got to Florida, they spent their extra time going to church (catching up on sleep), did a Walmart run, and got the room ready for the rest of us. My Dad went to pick the rest of us from the airport while Matt, Brigham and my 5 cousins from Georgia played at the hotel's pool.

Sorry no pictures! There is a picture of Brig in the airplanes cockpit that I'll have to add later!

0 comments: