Thursday, June 9, 2011

Monday- Disney Animal Kingdom

We started off bright and early with Disney Animal Kingdom Park. I never got caught up on my sleep from the traveling so I was pretty exhausted for the whole experience. The kids enjoyed the few rides we took them on, and the highlight for Brigham was seeing all the different lizards, frogs, spiders, snakes, turtles, bugs, etc, they had there. He couldn't go past one without having me read the full description of it. Sarah enjoyed the petting zoo the best.

Ready, Set, Go!

I felt just like this guy.


We all found relief from the heat/humidity by getting into the Finding Nemo show, the show was better than I expected, it was as good as a Disney on Ice show, maybe better? I was amazed that they did such a good production for a theme park show, though all I cared about was getting into some AC, no matter how lame a show I'd have to endure!

The end of the day was spent letting kids play at the dinoyard playground- rope bridges, slides, climbing, and of course they had a little waterfall Brigham had to get in. Sarah was a little too young to let loose in there. I was done with accompanying her on my third time down a super sticky curvy tube slide that you had to climb down because it was so gross and sticky. Being awkward and pregnant added fun to that!

Ironically, the $1 sunglasses we scored from our family California trip the year before didn't make it out of the park alive. My glasses fell out of my pocket on the train ride and Megan and Grady's glasses both broke. We may have to make a trip back to California just for more!
Another sad thing that happened on the trip- my sister's hair got caught in a fan! Ouch!

Our grand finale for the day was eating at CiCi's all you can eat pizza. It was my brother Nate's request because he fell in love with it on his mission in Ohio. The pasta there was terrible and the pizza was okay, I thought it tasted like Totino's frozen pizza with a fluffier crust. Thank heaven their dessert was amazing, the cinnamon rolls and dessert pizza tasted great. The brownies were out of this world! They were cooked all the way but they tasted like brownie batter straight out of the bowl! If I knew this before I probably would have ditched the whole pizza thing so I had room to eat straight brownies. I am a great example to the kids...

0 comments: